Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hi Everybody,
I cam out of Great Ormond Street Hospital on Monday after my monthly steroids. I spent the full four days in there organising our upcoming fundraising events. On Thursday, we had a sports day cake sale for GOSH and though it had been raining the day before... the first half of the day was lovely and sunny. We had to organise all the cakes and looking at them made me hungry. Lots of people had been so gracious; there were a large variety of baked and shop bought cakes. Lots of people worked really hard - I was touched at how dedicated everyone was and how determined they were to make money. It was a lovely morning and we made nearly £500. I was overwhelmed!
I left sports day early as I was going on a school theatre trip that evening, so I went to sleep as I would be coming home late. We went to watch the War Horse at the New London Theatre. I was still tired and achy from the steroids and the day in general, however we took my wheelchair. It was amazing. The horses were so lifelike and the puppeteers were able to work with eachother fantastically. I had to go in through the stage door due to my wheelchair and because all the dressing rooms were here, the man showing us the way had to stop and shout 'PUBLIC' so that any actors could hide away before we passed. It was an amazing experience.
Thanks
Devaanshi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Devaanshi

Well I believe you heard the news. The mad Irish are coming!!! really looking froward to seeing you again. A bit jet lagged after a wonderful holiday to Florida. Will give you all the details on Saturday. Soooo Excited!!!
Love Angela

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!