Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hi Everybody,
I am once again truly sorry that I have not been updating my blog. I came out of Great Ormond Street a couple of days ago after having my six weekly steroid dose. For once, surprisingly, I am not eating as much as I usually do with steroids. I am finding it hard to eat heavy foods such as my usual home made curries and chapatti's. I was feeling pretty down and upset; rather in a bad mood as soon as the steroids started however these feelings are common side effects of the drugs and I am feeling much better now. The sunshine helps too - I cannot believe it is sunny in London for once! Actually, better not speak too soon as it did rain lightly this afternoon.
Yesterday it was my sister's birthday and she turned 20 years old. Though she is currently in India, we celebrated her birthday here by having a meal out. It was an enjoyable evening and we had a good time. Today, I went out to Asda and bought some lovely food...healthy food for once! We got mangoes, vegetables and ice cream! This afternoon, we made rice crispy cakes but I had a little hiccup and my breathing didnt feel so strong so I had to sit down. I do take to having oxygen quite a lot now and tend to have a litre a night. I am hoping once the steroids wear off I will feel much better.
Tomorrow I am due platelets and hopefully all will run smoothly.
Good Evening
Devaanshi x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Devaanshi

sorry I have not commented for so long but have been really busy. Was out with Caroline last night so I remembered I had not been on for a long time. Delighted to see you're doing so well. Must be all the healthy food. Not much going on here. The weather has been fab here which puts smiles on everyone's faces My girls are coming up to exams and my son is working on the Jedward tour. Am bringing my nieces to see it tomorrow and as a surprise he is getting them in to meet them. will let you know how it goes. Talk soon. Angela

DEVAANSHI said...

Hi Angela
The weather here is really lovely and I am enjoying the sunshine! It is so lovely for your nieces to meet Jedward - I think they are soooo funny. Good luck to the girls for their exams and keep in touch!
Devaanshi x

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!