Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Thursday, August 18, 2011



Hiya Everybody,


On Tuesday,, my mum got a letter inviting her to go in to Northwick Park Hospital to have a meeting on the coming Friday. This would be to discuss this blog and things I have mentioned. Apparently, some nurses are very distressed  that I have written about things that have taken place at the hospital. I have simply just stated what has happened that day and with whom as I do with all of my blogs. I mention my family, friends, people I have met on the day. I have no understanding of why they are distressed because there is no reason for them to be distressed if they have nothing wrong right? Well, that is how I see it anyways.


 I am not sure why because I just write down what happens and how I feel. These blogs represent my day to day activities - I feel like I am able to speak freely about how I feel and not bottle things up.  
I am not sure whether I too was invited to the meeting; I would've thought so as it is to discuss my blog and what I have written so I feel I would like to attend.  I am feeling curious as to what will be said but then I know I shouldn't because I am 100% sure that I most certainly haven't done anything wrong. I am just writing a diary really. It will be really interesting for me to see and hear what the nurses have to say. I hope it is a conversation that will allow me to express how I feel even more so because unfortunately in the past, I feel like my feelings have been overridden. Maybe we can discuss things and hopefully can come out with an outcome of better care and kindness which is all I really want. I don't want to have to worry about these things - especially now my time is limited, I want to focus on things I want to do in life. I would really hope this meeting to go well where I am listened to and not ignored. Even now I feel this way because when I am upset nothing was really done and yet when the nurses are upset everyone is looking after them and action is taken. I did think the patients would possibly be put first. 
There are a few of  nurses whom I feel have always respected my wishes however it is sad for me to say that I feel the majority just talk to me straight. I dont even get a hello most of the times. 
Oh well, all will hopefully come good in the end. I hope I am not intimidated as I have been before because I get very stressed out but I know I have nothing to worry about. I am just telling the truth and events of my life on the computer instead of paper. 


Anyways, today I have to go and buy some school uniform. The holidays have gone so quickly so far - i cannot believe it. I think we have just over 2 weeks left but time seems to have flown. I also have a few things to buy such a books and stationary but the majority of my things have been bought already. My friend, Ellie, is going to come round and she is going to push me in my wheelchair if we go out. I am so grateful that she doesnt mind pushing me - Not many people would be able to do that. She really is a lovely person. I am still feeling stiff and achy due to the steroids but hopefully that should wear off soon. 


Im off - but I will catch you later... 
Devaanshi x


enjoy the day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Devaanshi,
Your blog is an inspiration to many. Please continue posting whatever you feel. Everybody has much to learn from your experiences. No one can stop you from writing what you feel, especially if you feel hard done by.

Anonymous said...

Hi Devaanshi,

I think it is incredibly sad after all you are going through that your experience in hospital is not a good one - especially it being a childrens ward. I think you are doing a good thing by expressing yourself otherwise it you bottle it up it could lead to you feeling depressed and anxious - I do not think you are doing anything wrong it is your online diary after all and we all write things in our diaries!!

Good luck and keep going!

Anonymous said...

Do not give up. You are an inspiration to so many. In the face of all you are dealing with,it is outrageous that you are even being called in to the hospital for any such meeting. They clearly have no compassion for your situation,nor any respect for your poor family.

Do not allow yourself to be silenced. You should have an outlet for your emotions.

All the best.x

Anonymous said...

Devaanshi where is your new post. We keep checking but you haven't written anything.

We are concerned about you.Also how did the meeting go at NPH.

Please keep your chin up ,there are people who really care. xx

DEVAANSHI said...

The post is coming soon. I am sorry I havent yet posted it - It is on it's way =D

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!