Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hi everyone,
I came out of Great Ormond Street Hospital on Sunday evening after having steroids. This stay at the hospital felt really short even though I was there for the same amount of time I always am. I have a really big appetite again. I am eating anything and everything in the house!!! It is good that I should put on weight however I keep getting stomach aches and they get really bad. In the meeting I had on Friday, my consultant said that we should carry on using the steroid bursts for six months and then we will look at different treatments. I think this means that the lung transplant idea is still being thought about but it has not been decided that I will have one yet.
I went into school on Monday and used a wheelchair. I felt really concious as everyone seemed to be staring. I decided against using it on Tuesday but my body is really aching now and I feel quite stiff. Everyone was quite supportive when I used it but I still felt quite uncomfortable. I won't use it unless I really have to.
Today, I have not gone to school as my back, shoulders, legs and neck are all really stiff and achy. I couldn't sleep properly last night because I was aching so much.
Hopefully, today can be a day of relaxation and I will be able to get the rest I need.


Devaanshi Mehta


We do not learn to live... we live to learn

No comments:

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!