Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today I went to the Edgware blood donation centre. It was so eye opening for me. I went and met this lovely nurse, Janice and she seemed to really look after the donors. She was really nice to me. She got the donors any food they wanted tooc and drinks. I was astounded at the refreshments, tv's and wifi that were available for the donors so that they can get on with their day during the extraction. I then met with Carolyn Brooks, who was in charge. She was so nice and passionate about the donor centre, the donors and the help they give. I met three men today who donate platelets every month. I asked them how they started to donate platelets and suprisingly, not one of them did so due to a family member or friend. They seemed very open minded about donation and I am so grateful to all of them. They were b negative and cmv negative, both of which I myself am too. It was a great morning, I saw my old friend Justin there too. He is absolutely fantastic! I would love to go back again and see everybody and hopefully meet more donors who don't save just my own, but other peoples lives.
Thank you
Devaanshi Mehta

for more information on blood donation go onto blood.co.uk
for more information on bone marrow donation go to anthonynolan.org

No comments:

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!