Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Glad To Be Back!!!

Hello everyone,
I am pleased to say that I am on the mend. It was so frustrating that I couldn't keep you all informed about my life however I fell incredibly unwell. I felt a little unwell in the middle of November so Great Ormond Street Hospital brought me in early to have my steroid treatment which usually makes me feel a bit better. I had my stay... which consisted of nothing more than it usually did. There were no complications or anything. When I arrived home, I noticed that me back/shoulder/ limb aches were much more severe than usual. Though I took all my pain  relief I was still just in pain all the time. During the next couple of weeks I got pushed back with a very bad infection of some sort. I was bed ridden for ages and couldn't eat a morsel, though I was on the loo an awfully large amount of time. I  felt terrible - couldn't go to school or anything however I made the decision that when it was put to me to go into Northwick Park Hospital I wouldn't be able to stay or go and have intravenous antibiotics. I couldn't deal with it anymore. For a couple of nights, an ambulance had to be called to our home at night. On the first time, I had severe chest pains and popping sensations in my chest. It was so painful however when we arrived at the hospital, everything settled down slowly but surely. The second time, two nights later, I woke up and went to go to the loo. I fainted on the way back and then had chest pains that were excruciating. I thought it was the end of my life. We were once again taken by ambulance to hospital and we were in resuscitation from 11pm to 3:30 am. I got so scared but after lots of morphine and fluids, they allowed me to go home later on that morning. If anything happened, I want the end to be at home with all my family.Of course the question came of what to do to treat my infection and GOSH very kindly liaised with the local,my family and I and we negotiated that I would have oral antibiotics at home. Unfortunately however, the next day they found I had a specific infection and have started to treat me with intravenous antibiotics. It isn't so bad because the community nurses can come to our house during weekdays to do it.
On Sunday, I had my birthday party with some amazing friends. We went to Pizza Express and had a meal. Everyone was really nice and I had a fantastic time. I know just how much they care. Pictures will follow.
Have a lovely evening
Devaanshi
 Think of those who make that tremendous effort just to make your life a teeny bit better

No comments:

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!