Just Giving

Just Giving
Please donate to my just giving site by clicking on the picture. Many lives can be saved thanks to your generosity.

Handing Over The Cheque

Handing Over The Cheque
Persis, S. O'Carroll, Me, Nettie, Rachael, Zoe, Sarah

Dushyant

Dushyant
My brother, the poser

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hello everyone
I am sorry I haven't been blogging. I came out of Great Ormond Street Hospital on Saturday after having three days of steroids however haven't been well enough to access the computer. My steroids were still given as large doses so I haven't really felt their effect until today. I am getting quite hungry and seem to be eating all the time!!! I am also feeling really stiff and achy again. I expected this as I felt this way last time I had steroids however the feeling is still rather unpleasant.
Whilst I was in Great Ormond Street Hospital, I spoke to the psychologist about all my worries. We had a good long chat about any anxiety I was feeling regarding school, health etc. Since I have been taking so much time out of school, I am starting to worry that I may be falling behind. I do my school work whenever I am able but sometimes I am just too tired or feeling too unwell to do it. Hopefully I will be able to get a list of things to do that I can work on next time I am in school.
The psychologist and I also spoke about the worries I had regarding how to handle school and health in general. We came up with some remedies on how to avoid upsetting/ stressful situations and I am interested in how they will take effect.

Today, I just relaxed and hopefully doing this will help my body recover quicker. My mum has gotten hold of a wheelchair for me to use as I am adamant that my aching body won't keep me from school. I will have it soon and it will be self propelling so I won't have to rely on anyone to push me. I also got an oxygen tank fitted at home so that I can breathe more easily at night and as and when I need help. I am glad that it is there so I know if I need it, it is ready for me to use.

Tomorrow, I am going to try and go to school for at least half of the day if not all of it depending on how well I feel.
Have a lovely evening and best wishes

Devaanshi

Sadness. Feels like nothing once happiness can overcome the feeling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think you are inspiring,If only more of us would take a leaf out of your book.

Hiren said...

Take care and get well soon before your B'day. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi I think your amazing, wow you are strong and courageous! hope your feeling better, take it easy. Hang in there Kido! X

DEVAANSHI said...

thank you soooo much!!!

Me Now!!

Me Now!!
So differentt!